DO YOU WANT HELP APPLYING FOR DEFERRED ACTION FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS (DACA)?
The Immigration Center for Women and Children is proud to assist immigrant youth applying for DACA
President Obama announced on June 15, 2012 that younger immigrants may apply, for “Deferred Action” and work authorization for two years with the possibility to renew that authorization at the end of the two years. Deferred Action is temporary relief from deportation or removal action. This policy is not the DREAM ActHowever it is intended to reach the same demographic that the DREAM Act might cover. This policy is not a permanent fix and does not grant permanent legal status to anyone.
You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Would you like help applying for DACA?
ICWC provides legal representation to applicants submitting initial and renewal DACA requests. Please call one of our offices below for an appointment. Our regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
DACA Appointment Requirements
- *$400 for an initial DACA application (by cash or money order payable to “ICWC”)
- *$300 for a renewal DACA application (by cash or money order payable to “ICWC”)
- $465 government filing fee per application (money order only payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”)
2. Required Documents
- Please complete the DACA Initial Screening form and bring it with you to the appointment .
- IMPORTANT!! Please see the list of Required Documents for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals that you MUST bring to your appointment.
3. No children under 15 years old are permitted at the clinic.
- You must find your own childcare, if necessary.
*If you have a criminal record, complex immigration issues, or complications in your physical presence, tthe legal fee for individual representation will be determined on a case by case basis.
|Los Angeles Office
634 S. Spring St., Suite 727
Los Angeles, CA 90014
|San Diego Office
427 C Street, Suite 208
San Diego, CA 92101
|San Francisco Office
3543 18th Street #32
San Francisco, CA 94110